Janet L Wilson, BS, FMSP, CPMSM®, CPCS® has been a speaker and consultant in the medical staff services and credentialing industry for over 24 years and has spoken at numerous state, national and health system conferences. Janet has extensive experience in credentialing and privileging, regulatory and accreditation standards, bylaws development and revisions, delineation of privileges development and maintenance, medical staff leadership and new practitioner orientation and education, performance improvement and peer review, development and standardization of policies and procedures/forms/documents across multiple healthcare settings. She has been involved in mergers and acquisitions, unification of medical staffs, impaired/disruptive physician management and oversight, and hearings and appeals. Janet also has extensive experience in delegated credentialing and CVO development and management for independent hospitals and multi-hospital systems.
- Co-author of the eighth edition of HCPRO's Verify and Comply: Credentialing, Medical Staff and Ambulatory Care Standards.
- Faculty for Edge-U-Cate, LLC for 10 years and teaches Certification Focused Study Programs and other industry related programs
- Past NAMSS Board Member and past TSMSS President and Board Member
- Served as a NAMSS instructor for the past 11 years and has participated in the development of education programs related to credentialing and privileging, managed care, leadership and professional development.
- Awarded NAMSS Fellow Designation in 2019
- Owner and President of JLWilson MedStaff Consulting, Victoria, TX, a national healthcare consulting company with 34 years experience in the industry.