Edge-U-Cate also offers an on-site (1 day or 1.5 day) CPCS®/CPMSM® certification study program for those who are planning to take one or both of the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) certification examinations.* This focused study program is packed with information you need to study for the certification exams. This program may also be offered through healthcare organizations (Hospital, Managed Care, Physician Groups) and State Associations.
For more information please contact EUC at (719) 574-6016 or send a request to
Program highlights include review of principles, updates, and standards for:
- The Joint Commission (TJC)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
- URAC (Formerly Utilization Review Accreditation Commission)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare (AAAHC)
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)
- National Practitioner Data Bank
- Roberts Rules of Order
- Legal Cases that have shaped the industry
- Legal Terminology
- Medical Terminology
- Practitioner Board Certification - MOC/OCC
- Systems Operation Management
- Department Operations Management (i.e. budget, staffing, etc.)
*Those who are already certified and experienced are welcome to attend to refresh your knowledge of current laws, standards, etc.
If you are a Healthcare Organization or State Association interested in offering this program, or you would like to know which State Associations** are sponsoring an on-site Certification Focused Study Program, please view our calendar.
**Offered through state associations - check our calendar for any upcoming programs
CPCS® and CPMSM® are registered trademarks of the National Association Medical Staff Services.